Friday, May 22, 2009

Poetry Friday (12)

To whom it may concern:


Every Friday I'll post one poem that I wrote. Here's my poem for this Friday.


Judgement Day Generation

Open the chasm to the fleeing flock,
wish well our muddied conscious,
prey to God and hope for handouts
of illumination and a better world.

Of what life is at the brink of death
so many say many varying things.
But reapers and saints are locked away
in dusty dank closets in the ground.

A blackness beyond, not a blackness within,
and the tunnel of light should be life.
Don't turn aside the foulest plights
for love of the eternal dead ideal.

Open heart for an open end is closed,
when good comes knocking locking
doors will shut out wishes and fears.
Don't break us all for your happy ending.


Later guys,
Adam

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to say I am following you now. Genevieve sent me your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve sent me to your blog...great poem. I'm still thinking about it. You have an interesting style, Adam. Thank you for that,
    -megan

    ReplyDelete