Friday, March 27, 2009

Poetry Friday (4)

To whom it may concern:

Every Friday I'll post one poem that I wrote. Here's my poem for this Friday.


A Tribute of Words


I was not a religious man

but the heart's cathedral adorned

with rubied glances, have opened my

eyes: a new childhood, to learn the world

again.


A priceless relic in the sand

washes my impurities with a true

and unconditional corona. I am newly

swaddled in the heart, my years melt to this

moment.


A goddess rises like the sun

but over both horizons, humbling

all the titans, and refracting her golden

light off the dark waves like a clear midnight

moon.


All heralds at her coming

light their signal fires, engulfing

my newborn heart in ceaseless flames.

Now steps lead me to a hallow to cry to the

heavens.


From the darkened halls

of Minos, to the crystal cascades

of Niagara, the world will know that she

has come, and intangible Elysium will be mine

forever.


You entered my life, love,

like a Venus upon sea foam, and

now I am forever changed for the better.

You have granted me the greatest wish there is:

love.



Until next I write,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment